Calibrating the UP! Mini 3D Printer platform
The platform will need to be re-calibrated when the platform plates are switched out.
- Turn on the printer and open UP!ware.
- Select 3D Print → Initialize.
- Select 3D Print → Maintenance to move the nozzle up to 121-122mm.Try to bring the platform close enough to the nozzle so that a single sheet of computer paper slides between the two objects with minimal friction.
- Click “Set Nozzle Height” and exit Maintenance.
- Select 3D Print - Platform Calibrate.
- Click “Set Nozzle Height” in the top portion of the pop up window. This will use the height determined in Maintenance.
- The middle portion of the pop up window allows you to adjust the nozzle height at 9 different points on the platform.
- Click on each number and adjust the nozzle height by 0.1mm using the up and down arrows.
- Test the height at each point by using a piece of printer paper, as used in step 3. The paper should slide under the nozzle and between the platform with little friction.
- Click “Apply/Save current values” when calibration is complete.