Using transfer tape to apply vinyl designs
Transfer Tape a special tape used with self adhesive vinyl for easy application. Once vinyl is applied to a surface, it may be difficult to remove. Choose the application destination wisely.
Using transfer tape
- Carefully remove excess vinyl from the backing (liner) paper of the cut design.
- Trim the backing paper around the design.
- Cut a fitted piece of transfer tape and apply it over the top of the vinyl design.
- Smooth the tape, pressing your finger on the design for a firm stick.
- Trim excess tape.
Applying vinyl designs
- Clean and dry the surface you wish to apply the vinyl design to.
- Carefully peel away the backing/paper liner from the vinyl design.
- The vinyl design should remain attached to the transfer tape.
- Apply the vinyl to the surface from the middle of the design and smooth outward on either side.
- Remove all air bubbles.
- Carefully peel away the transfer tape.
- The vinyl design should remain.